"Pure and genuine religion in the sight of God the Father means caring for orphans and widows in their distress and refusing to let the world corrupt you." James 1:27

Friday, October 14, 2011

Life As We Know It

Wow, have we been busy lately.  I am excited to say that we have completed our foster care training!  We are CPR, First Aid, and Universal Precautions certified.  We have even had our first home study visit.  I hear there could be one more.  Apparently the next step is what they call a staffing meeting.  In this meeting the staff gets together and goes over our file to decide if we would make acceptable foster parents.  So, at this point we have no idea if we will be licensed or not.  During the staffing meeting, they could decide to do a second home study visit for more information.  After the staffing meeting, we will either be approved for licensing or we will be finished without licensing.  We should hear something this coming week or so.  All in God's will and timing! 

Our home study seemed to go really well.  The social worker was very kind and seemed to click with our family.  She was a Christian and approved of our lifestyle.  This was the biggest concern for us.  We were told that home educators sometimes have a difficult time with social workers, especially when it comes to foster care.  This lady seemed to really enjoy our kids and she wasn't even concerned about "socialization".  One thing I will share is that we cleaned frantically and doing this has led me back to the Fly Lady!  Her way of doing things is so easy, and if you follow her routines, you never have to worry about a social worker visit whether it is a home study or not.  I am enjoying getting back into Fly Lady's routines too.  I love knowing my sink is shiny and my toilet is puke ready ;)  If you struggle C.H.A.O.S.  (Can't Have Anyone Over Syndrome) then F.L.Y. (Finally Loving Yourself) Lady is for you.

This week God has shown me a verse that I am resting in.  ‎"The LORD your God is with you, He is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, He will quiet you with His love, He will rejoice over you with singing." Zephaniah 3:17   To think that the God who created the universe and everything in it would delight in me, and rejoice over me by singing leaves me feeling so humble and loved.


1 comment:

  1. Praise the Lord for His favor! Praying for the review to go smoothly!

    ReplyDelete