"Pure and genuine religion in the sight of God the Father means caring for orphans and widows in their distress and refusing to let the world corrupt you." James 1:27

Saturday, July 30, 2011

My Prayer

Oh Lord, I come before you today knowing you are sovereign and Holy. You have broken our hearts for the orphans Lord, just as Your heart is broken for them. I thank you so much for giving us this thorn to carry! I praise You for setting us apart for these children. What an awesome God you are! How the creator of the Earth, the universe, and everything in it, could love us as You do is incomprehensible to me, but I thank you so much in spite of my lack of understanding! I know that You have placed this desire of adoption in us because Your Holy Word tells us in John 15:5 that "Yes, I am the vine; you are the branches. Those who remain in me, and I in them, will produce much fruit. For apart from me you can do nothing". We ask first that through this long process that we will REMAIN in YOU Lord! That we would give YOU the glory and honor and praise! Secondly Lord, We ask that You would produce much fruit in and for us. Lord we want to serve you in ways we have never breached. You tell us in James 1:27 "Pure and genuine religion in the sight of God the Father means caring for orphans and widows in their distress and refusing to let the world corrupt you." We ask that You allow us to participate in what You tell us is pure and genuine religion! Lord I ask that You would MOVE in MIGHTY ways for our adoption! Sovereign Father, I ask that You would MOVE the hearts of our friends, BREAK their hearts for the orphans. Father God, I ask that each and every person who reads of this fund raiser would be moved to participate, even if they don't participate financially, I ask for their prayers to You. Lord, I ask that YOU, above ALL ELSE, would be glorified through this effort. We want to please YOU Father God, we want to honor Your word and glorify Your name. I pray this in the MIGHTY name of Your son Jesus, who loved us above himself while we were and are still so unworthy...

0 comments:

Post a Comment