"Pure and genuine religion in the sight of God the Father means caring for orphans and widows in their distress and refusing to let the world corrupt you." James 1:27

Saturday, July 23, 2011

Moved...in more ways than one!

So we have finally moved into our new place.  Whew!  Moving is such difficult work.  Praise God we are finished.  I haven't been on my blog because we were without the Internet for a bit during the transition, but I am back!  So thankful for peace and rest <3

ALSO...

God is moving in our hearts!  I have been feeling an incredible urgency to proceed with starting the adoption.  Now I have to share with you all that we still don't have the funds for even the home study, but God is saying jump!  So we are jumping.  Today we have requested information from different agencies so that we can begin the process.  God is settling my heart about the home study.  I have worried and fretted over this part of the process.  I am far less concerned about flying for 30+ hours into a country that most wouldn't visit to bring home children grown in our hearts, than I am about answering some questions for a home study!  I realized today that it is ok.  They are just looking at our family and writing a picture of us on paper.  That is it.  God is giving me peace about this part.  I am truly thankful and I pray this peace lasts for me. 

He is also leading us to look at another country or two.  So stay tuned, it may not be time for us to go to D.R. Congo after all.  I do believe that we will get there someday, if not this time. 

There is a scripture I have been thinking of recently...John 14 verse 18 No, I will not abandon you as orphans—I will come to you.  These are Jesus' words to us from the Father.  When He breaks your heart for the orphans keep in mind that His heart was broken for them first.  Lord, I ask that you would continue to break my heart for the things that break Yours.  Father, I thank You for the compassion You have for us, to remind us that You will come back for us, that we will not be left as orphans.  Lord I also thank You for giving me a heart for the Fatherless.  They aren't Fatherless, their Father is sending in His troops.  I praise You for Your faithfulness.  I praise You for Your sovereignty, I thank You for Your son, and it is in His name I pray...Amen

0 comments:

Post a Comment