"Pure and genuine religion in the sight of God the Father means caring for orphans and widows in their distress and refusing to let the world corrupt you." James 1:27

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Discouragements and Rays of Hope

Recently I have been struggling with discouragement.  I truly thought we would be further along on our fundraising efforts by now than we are.  God has been faithful to our efforts though!  Every time I am really down because the money is not there yet, He brings in another trickle of funds.  I know He has plans to prosper us.  Plans for our good, but it will be in His timing.  I need to remind myself that my timing isn't necessarily His timing.

For every discouragement we have, there is a ray of hope.  We have decided to become foster parents.  No, this isn't a replacement for our foreign adoption, it is in addition to our foreign adoption.  We know that God has placed multiple children on our hearts.  There have been so many times that we have needed a foster care license and didn't have one, that we have decided to go for it!  We never know where God is leading and He may have chosen a child for us to raise in the foster care system also.

Please pray for us as we are in our foster care training currently, while simultaneously fundraising for our international adoption.  This is taking a lot of my time and attention, along with educating my children at home and babysitting.  Satan has been attacking our family often, and we would greatly appreciate all prayers you feel led to send up for us.  Thank you so much for the support and love that you all have shown to our family.  We are trusting God in His perfecting timing.  

4 comments:

  1. I'm praying for you, friend. I certainly know what it is like for God to lay a desire on our hearts way ahead of his timing for actually granting the desire. Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @JennyM Thank you so much for the encouragement. I have to ask myself "Who am I to question His timing." It can be so hard to be patient. Thank you so much for the prayers. I pray your hearts desire is granted in His perfect timing also, for He doesn't lay these desires on our hearts for no reason.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet Wendy. Praying for you and your family. Keep your head up and focus on Him. Love, Heather

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heather, Thank you for the prayers. Keeping focused on Him is the answer, I just need to remember that quicker :)

    ReplyDelete