"Pure and genuine religion in the sight of God the Father means caring for orphans and widows in their distress and refusing to let the world corrupt you." James 1:27

Sunday, April 24, 2011

Now I lay me down to sleep

It seems that I am having trouble sleeping!  So I have been praying my way through the night.  I find myself praying for all of my children, my friends, our housing situation, my husband, but I am always returning to the question, "God, please make this happen if it is Your will.  We want to follow Your wishes.  Lord, we need a house big enough, and the funds for the adoption to happen."  I find I am thinking every day of the sweet babies we will bring to our home.  It is conversed about with our children daily.  My oldest son and I were talking today about adopting, and he is so totally on board.  How many 17 year old boys do you know who says, Mom, it is the right thing to do!  He says, I am self centered, but not selfish, and I want you to do this.  We are so immensely blessed as a family.  We have 3 absolutely amazing children, who are all willing to bring home the least of these as a brother or a sister. 

We are still praying about the country God is leading us to.  We are pretty sure we know which it is, but I am always such an analyzer.  Roland, my hubby, is always laughing at me about this.  He says just go with it!  You know that is what God is leading you too :)  So as I lay me down to sleep tonight, I will pray that God will tell me that yes He is leading us to D. R. Congo.  Why oh why do I always need a neon sign to believe what I feel is really from God and not from me?  Will you join me as I pray tonight?  Will you pray that we are led to the house that is big enough, and the country where our heart child(ren) is, and that God will provide the funding in an amazing way?  I fully believe He will fund for us what He asks of us.